Sana Modi is a technology expert and content writer at nosware. She has a tremendous knowledge of the latest social sites apart from social media, she also examined the latest games and laptops and has personally reviewed the products. She loves to explore all the social media sites and research them.
Last Updated on August 17, 2023 by Humera hallari
YouTube is a great platform to upload, discover or watch entertaining videos. After Google, this is the second most visited site on the internet. YouTube allows users to share, and watch videos and you can also download videos from YouTube on your PC. If you are watching any video on your smart TV and it’s not showing full screen, you are not alone in this. Many users face the same problem of YouTube not showing full screen on smart TV.
You may face this problem because of serval reasons like your Youtube app is not updated or the app has cache data. To solve these problems update your app or clear cache data from settings. In this article, we will explore more reasons why this happens and what are some quick solutions for it.
Why Is My YouTube Not Showing Full Screen on TV
Here are some reasons why your YouTube not showing full screen on Smart TV:
- TV settings may not be correct
- YouTube app outdated
- Cache data on smart TV
- Outdated Smart TV software
- Glitch on the app or TV
- Incompatible Ratio of Video
- Internet Connection
How Do I Fix YouTube Not Showing Full Screen on TV (Quick Solution)
Now, you know the reason why Youtube not showing the screen on Smart TV. Following these quick solutions might help you resolve your problem.
1: Check YouTube App Setting
The first solution is to check your YouTube app video setting on your smart TV.
- Open the Youtube app on your Smart TV.
- Go to setting from the option on the left-hand side.
- Find the button as Reset App.
- Click on Reset App & Close your TV.
- Now, on your TV and check if the YouTube video showing full screen.
2: Sign Out & Sign In To Your YouTube Account On Smart TV
You should try to sign out & sign in to your Youtube account on your smart TV.
- Launch the YouTube application on your TV.
- Select the menu on the left-hand side using the remote and press OK.
- Select your YouTube profile using the remote to go to an account page and press OK.
- Now sign out your YouTube account.
- After signing out try to sign in with your Id password again on your YouTube account. This basic solution might help you to solve your problem.
3: Clear YouTube Cache Data From Your TV
Clearing the cache data may help you to resolve your problem.
- Click on Quick setting on your remote.
- TV category will open. Now, choose Apps.
- Select the YouTube application from the list.
- Select clear data & clear cache, and press OK.
- After clearing the cache data, try using the YouTube app to see if the issue has been resolved or not.
4: Update The YouTube Application On TV
Another solution you can try to fix the problem is to update your YouTube on tv.
- Open the main menu by pressing the Home button on the remote.
- Open the Google play store.
- Find the YouTube app using the search option.
- Click on the Update option.
- Once the app is updated, open YouTube and watch a video to see if it works.
5: Update the TV software
If updating the YouTube app doesn’t work try to update your TV software. Sometimes TV software is also outdated that’s why it’s creating issues.
- Press the Home button on your TV remote.
- The menu will be open choose the App icon from the menu.
- Click on help & select System Software Update.
- Click on Software Update.
- After the update, check YouTube if the problem is resolved or not.
6: Adjust The TV Screen Setting On Your Smart TV
Check your screen setting on the smart tv & try to adjust the TV screen size to view videos on full screen.
- Go to the panel by pressing the Home button on your tv remote.
- Use the left key to go to the left panel on your tv.
- Select Menu & click on Settings.
- Choose a Picture setting from all settings.
- Choose the wide option from the picture size setting.
- After that, re-open youtube & play the video to view if the problem is fixed or not.
7: Update Your TV’s Firmware
You can try updating your TV’s firmware to make YouTube perform perfectly on your smart TV.
- Connect WiFi to your smart tv.
- Open the setting from your TV remote.
- Click on support.
- Click on Software Update & Update Now.
- Now, open the YouTube app & see if it works.
8: Check The Screen Mode In The Source Device
Another quick solution is to check the screen mode if you are monitoring the video from another device. Go & check you turn on the full-Screen mode in the app or the device.
- Connect the same internet to the TV and the device.
- Connect the device to your TV.
- Go to the display settings on your device.
- Check the screen resolution.
- Turn on the full-screen mode in the device.
- Now, play a video on smart TV.
9: Adjust The Aspect Ratio Of the Tv
This solution might not help every time but you can try adjusting the Ratio of the TV to try if its works for you.
- Press the Home button on your TV remote.
- Select settings from the main menu.
- Locate Picture > Aspect Ratio
- Change the wide ratio according to the video.
There are several reasons why YouTube Not Showing Full Screen on Smart TV. Follow some quick tips mention in the article on how you can solve your problem. And after trying these quick solutions if you are facing the same problems contact your TV customer care or you can visit the YouTube support Website and ask the question to YouTube assistance.