Sana Modi is a technology expert and content writer at nosware. She has a tremendous knowledge of the latest social sites apart from social media, she also examined the latest games and laptops and has personally reviewed the products. She loves to explore all the social media sites and research them.
Last Updated on August 18, 2023 by Humera hallari
Instagram has become a new platform for brand marketing, & content creators. For marketing, brand & creator focus on creating Reels & short videos nowadays. Videos are more engaging to the audience as compared to posts. However, captions are an important part of Reel’s reach to more audiences. Many people watch videos without sound. Adding captions to Instagram reels or adding subtitles to your videos increase the audience. People love to add music to Instagram Reels. Instagram users always have a competitive nature to have more followers & like on their accounts.
If you want to know How To Add Captions To Instagram Reels. Today’s post is for you. In this post, we will show you how to add captions to Reels on your device & Importance of adding captions to Instagram Reels & videos.
How To Add Captions To Reels On an iPhone
Adding captions to your reel makes your video more accessible & searchable for viewers. It is very simple to add a caption to your Instagram reel on your iPhone. Here are steps with screenshots on How To Add Captions To Reels On an iPhone.
Step 1: Open the “Instagram” app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Click on the + icon or swipe left to upload the Reel.
Step 3: Record the video or choose an existing video from the gallery. Click on Next.
Step 4: Click on the Text icon.
Step 6: Type the caption you want to add to your Reel & Click on Done.
Click on the Next. Your video is ready with the caption. Now you can share your video by clicking on the Share button & it’s done.
How To Add Captions To Reels On an Android
Android users also add captions to the reel very easily. The steps are very similar to adding captions to Reels on an iPhone. Here is a step-by-step guide with screenshots on How To Add Captions To Reels On an Android.
Step 1: Open Instagram on your Android Phone.
Step 2: Click on the + button & to go to the Reel option.
Step 3: Record the video or choose an existing video from the gallery by pressing the + at the bottom.
Step 4: Click on “Add”
Step 5: Click on “Next”.
Step 6: Click on the “Text” button on the top menu.
Step 7: Type the caption you want to add to your Reel & Click on Done. You can simply drag the caption anywhere on the screen. Click on Next.
Step 8: Now share your Reel by pressing the Share button.
Add Captions To Reels Using Instagram Auto “Caption” Feature
Instagram launched a new feature called “Captions“. This Instagram’s automatic captions feature makes it easy for creators to add captions. Many creators used this function for their stories & Reels. You can also add auto-captions using this feature. Here are some simple steps on how you can add captions To Reels Using Instagram Auto’s “Caption” Feature.
Step 1: Open Instagram on your Device.
Step 2: Click on the + button, Select the Reel option.
Step 3: Record or select the video from your phone.
Step 4: Click on “Add”
Step 5: Click on “Next”.
Step 6: Now swipe up to the menu & select the “Captions” sticker.
After selecting the captions sticker the “Transcribing audio…” appears on your screen. In a few seconds, the automatically generated caption will appear. You can move the text anywhere around the screen. Once the caption is added, see the caption carefully. As Instagram offers a quick caption it’s a high chance for errors or spelling mistakes.
How To Add Captions To Reels By Using Third-Party App
Instagram has a built-in feature for adding captions to reels. But many users or creators use another app to add a caption. For Marketing videos or brand videos, these captions look unprofessional & this feature isn’t available in all the locations. In this case, they can use third-party apps to add captions.
There are many third-party apps available in the app store. These third-party apps support both devices iPhone & Android. Veed.io is the app that supports both devices and even desktops. On both devices, the steps are the same.
Step 1: Go to your browser on your device and go to the website Veed.io
Step 3: Upload the video you want to caption.
Step 4: You can see 2 options, one auto subtitle & manual subtitle. Choose which is convenient for you.
Step 5: Choose the language, in what language you want to create a caption to Reels. & click on “Create Subtitle”.
Step 6: Now you can see if it matches your video click on done. Or if you don’t want an auto-generated caption you can manually add a caption & click on Done.
Importance Of Adding Captions To Your Instagram Reels
Adding captions to your reels is an important part of engaging with the audience & giving meaningful content. Users can search the reels by typing keywords & adding the proper caption users can easily find your reels at the top. you can also download private videos & reels by using InstaFinsta.
- Context of your content: Caption provides an accurate context of your Reels, Weather it is funny, or informative, the brand’s promotion, & story behind making the reel. By reading the caption users can get a better understanding of the purpose behind the video.
- Accessible by users who have hearing disability: By adding captions to your reels you can get more views on your video. As if deaf or hard of hearing people are watching your video they can’t understand the video but by adding a caption to it they can also be engaged with your content.
- Growth: As your caption is searchable more people can search and land on your page. And if they like your content they will be your followers. This helps you to grow your Instagram account.
- Your content is searchable: People can search your content by the caption keyword which is added to the video. This will help to reach your video content to most people.
- Allows you to tell the story: You can create a caption in a storytelling way to engage with more people. People love to hear stories, & captions allow you to tell in detail about your video or the purpose behind the video. As many users put videos behind the scenes, some tips, brand information, or their personality reflections.
- Good for Marketing: In today’s world digital marketing becoming famous. Marketers focus on Instagram as Instagram has been used in every country and has billions of users. Reels are a very good way to interact with the audience. You can review the brand’s products, suggest some brands, and give tips for a healthy life. Users add a link in the bio on their Instagram accounts for marketing.
- Shows your personality: Caption can be a reflection of your personality or your content. As your humorous, informative, unique style, inspirational, & your thoughts. With that, the same kind of person will attract your content and relate to your Reels.
A: No, Once the reel is posted on your Instagram account you can’t edit the reel caption. Captions are only added to reels during the creation process after you post them you can’t change the caption. If you want to edit or change the caption you have to delete the reel, edit & repost it on your account.
A: Yes, Instagram has an automatic captioning feature. You can see the above method to use the Auto “Caption” Feature on your reels.
A: Instagram offers you various languages for captions, you can add captions in different languages. This feature allows users to communicate with your users.
Q- Why can’t I see the “Caption” feature on my Instagram account?
A: In some regions, users can’t access or support the feature of auto-caption. In this case, you can use VPN to use this feature. Or you can use a third-party app to add captions.
You can add the caption by using the above methods. Either you can use an Instagram built-in feature or you can use a third-party app for adding accurate captions. Captions are the best way to make it attracted users. Or it can be helpful when you are in a noisy place you can read the caption and know the content. It allows users to understand your content about the brand or the information you shared in the video and reflect your personality.