Last Updated on August 15, 2023 by Humera hallari
Chromebooks are easy-to-use and light devices that have long battery life. On top of that, Chromebooks can run a surprising number of games from various platforms. Among them, you will find Roblox to be an ideal contender as it is child-friendly and houses tons of fun games.
If you have little ones at home or you wish to play engaging and cool games on Roblox, you can install Roblox on your Chromebook.
If you have a Chromebook and are looking for how to play Roblox on Chromebook or how to download Roblox on Chromebook, this article will be helpful to you.
We are going to explain the step-by-step method of how to play Roblox on a Chromebook. With this quick guide, you can easily learn how to download Roblox on Chromebook and enjoy playing with your friends or siblings.
How to Play Roblox on Chromebook?
Some Chromebooks are not yet compatible with Play Store. However, this is becoming rarer with time. If you want to play quality games, you can download Roblox without accessing Google Play Store.
Here, you will be taken through both how to download Roblox on Chromebook via Google Play Store and with ARC Welder. So, you don’t have to worry if your Chromebook does not have a Play Store.
So, let us see how to play Roblox on Chromebook. You can choose one of these two methods according to your need.
How to Download Roblox on your Chromebook using Google Play Store (Method 1):
If your Chromebook is Play Store compatible, downloading Roblox is plain and simple. Before you proceed, just make sure to turn on Play Store on your Chromebook.
You can check this on the ‘Apps tab and see whether Google Play Store is turned on or not.
Now, you are ready to download Roblox on your Chromebook.
Here is how to do it:
- Open Play Store from the shortcut on your screen’s bottom.
- Search ‘Roblox’ in the Play Store’s search box.
- Then, download and install Roblox by clicking on the ‘Install’ button on the top right.
This is how to download Roblox on Chromebook using Play Store. You can now play and enjoy tons of Roblox games on your Chromebook!
How to Download Roblox on your Chromebook using ARC Welder
You can also use Roblox on your Chromebook by downloading it using ARC Welder. This will also be a piece of cake for you.
But you will require a bit of knowledge regarding APKs- which is not a big deal either.
Chromebooks do not support all APKs. So, the outcome of these steps might vary according to the APK you download. You just have to download a different APK if one does not seem to work on your Chromebook.
Here is how to play Roblox on Chromebook using ARC Welder:
- First, download the APK for Roblox. You can get it from sites such as APKpure.
- Then, download ARC Welder by arc_eng from Google Play Store.
- Proceed to open ARC Welder and ‘Choose.’
- From the directory that you see, click and open the downloaded Roblox APK (The APK should be inside a folder for ARC Welder to be able to open it).
- Then, click on ‘Add APK File’ and find the APK file of Roblox from the folder you made.
- You can adjust settings to match using the ‘Test Your App’ option in the ARC Welder.
Hope you understood how to play Roblox on Chromebook using ARC Welder. If you still cannot get it to work, follow the steps carefully and try once again or try a different APK file.
How to Play Roblox on Chromebook in a Remote Session
If you can get remote access to a Mac or PC, you will be able to play Roblox games via the device. That is, using your Chromebook, you can access someone else’s computer (with permission) and enjoy playing Roblox on it.
But their PC must have Chrome Remote Desktop software as well as Roblox installed. You should also install Chrome Remote Desktop app on the Chromebook.
This is how to play Roblox on Chromebook using Remote Session:
- First, open the Chrome Remote Desktop application on both Chromebook and PC.
- Connect both devices following the instructions given on the screen.
- You can then choose whether the connection should be Remote Access or ‘My Computers’ depending on how often you use this method to play Roblox. If you want to use this method occasionally, then choose ‘Remote Access’ and if you are going to frequently play Roblox by this means, then choose ‘My Computers’- it will require the computer to have Chrome Remote Desktop Host installed.
With this method, you will be able to play Roblox on a Chromebook using Remote Access. Hope this helps.
How to play Roblox on Chromebook given by the school
School Chromebooks usually have firewalls that restrict you from playing Roblox or any other games. Sometimes, school Chromebooks can deny access to Play Store as well. However, you can play Roblox on a Chromebook given by the school if you follow certain steps.
We will show you how to play Roblox on Chromebook given by the school:
- Switch on Developer Mode.
- Open the browser on your Chromebook.
- Go to the Roblox website.
- Select the Available Downloads option and download the latest Roblox APK from the list.
- After downloading, you can open the file and install Roblox.
- Once you install it, you can open and play Roblox games!
Hope you understood how to download Roblox on Chromebook from school! Also, you may face a few issues including game-crashing, error messages, and installation loops because of the firewalls and other security measures taken by your school on your Chromebook.
If you face any issues, just try restarting, closing the Roblox app, and reopening, or try re-installing the app. Sometimes, issues can occur if the date & time on your Chromebook are incorrect. If so, try changing them.
Hope this article answered all your questions related to how to play Roblox on Chromebook. If there are any issues you face regarding this or any more confusion, feel free to comment below!
How to download Roblox on Chromebook?
You can download Roblox on your Chromebook through the Play Store and also by not using Play Store.
You can also download Roblox through your Chrome browser by searching for Roblox.
But make sure that your Chrome OS is updated before you proceed to download. If your Chromebook cannot access Play Store, then you can download and install Roblox APK using the ARC Welder.
Why won’t Roblox work on Chromebook?
IF Roblox is not working on your Chromebook, your OS might be outdated. Try updating it before you try to reinstall the Roblox app.
Also, check if Google Play Store is enabled on your Chromebook or not. If you don’t have Play Store, you may have to download and install Roblox through the steps we have given in the article above, using the ARC Welder.
Can all Chromebooks run Roblox?
Ideally, all Chromebooks should be able to run Roblox. You can install Roblox by downloading it via Play Store or through Chrome browser on your Chromebook. But some of the older or outdated Chrome OS cannot run Roblox.
How do you unblock Roblox at school?
You may need a VPN app to bypass the firewall at school. School devices are designed for education and most often will not allow the users to install or play games. However, you can install a popular VPN app to visit the Roblox website and log into your Roblox account and play Roblox games.
Why do schools ban Roblox?
Schools provide devices to the students for the purpose of being productive in their education. Having games on the device will limit the productivity. This is why schools ban Roblox on the computers or Chromebooks they provide.