Mechanical Engineer with strong knowledge of design tools, technologies, automobiles, Wood Working, CAD/CAM etc. Sharing insightful knowledge to help people.
Last Updated on August 31, 2023 by Ali Abbas Khan
The security field has changed a lot because of improvements in AI. This has also affected doorbell technology. In this article, we will explore into the details of Ring App for Windows & Mac. I will provide you details about its features and practical applications. Also I will give you a step by step procedure about how you can easily download the Ring app on your Windows or Mac Laptop/PC.
What is Ring App for PC?
The Ring Company is the creator and developer of the CMS software. This software is crafted to offer a live view of the person ringing the doorbell in real-time.
Features of Ring App for PC
Let us now learn about what the ring app can do and how it works. This will help you, what you can do with the ring app on your computer. Following are the main features of the Ring App:
- Ability for two-way communication.
- Live viewing through the built-in security camera.
- Adjust zoom and range settings.
- Enjoy a 360-degree view from the security camera.
- Receive alarm push notifications.
- Get alerts for motion detection.
- Manually record videos.
- Play back recorded videos.
- Utilize infrared night vision capabilities.
Why you need to install the Ring App?
Having the ability to access your devices remotely can be very beneficial. Using the Ring App you will be able to keep a track of your place remotely. It also has the feature to communicate with the person who is standing at your doorstep.
Pros of the Ring App
- The user interface is superb.
- It’s user-friendly.
- Linking Ring devices is a breeze.
Cons of the Ring App
- Some users have faced difficulties with the app loading on specific devices.
- There are reports from users about the server being slow in some instances.
System Requirements for Installing Ring App on PC
Windows System Requirements
- OS Requirements – Windows 10 or later
- Architecture – x64 and x86
- Free Space – 80 MB
Mac OS System Requirements
- OS Requirements – OS X 10.11 or later
- Processor – 64-bit
- Free Space – 48 MB
Steps to Install Ring App for Windows using BlueStacks
- Begin by downloading the BlueStacks emulator from its official website and saving the installer on your computer.
- Locate and run the installer to initiate the installation window.
- Review and agree to the terms and conditions to proceed.
- Click the install button and ensure your computer is connected to the internet.
- Locate and run the BlueStacks emulator shortcut on your computer.
- Access the Google Play Store and sign in with your Gmail address.
- Search for the Ring app using the Play Store’s search function.
- Install the application and wait for the process to finish.
- Find the Ring app shortcut on your desktop and open it.
- Following these steps, you’ve successfully installed the Ring app on your Windows computer.
Video Installation Guide for Ring App using BlueStacks on PC
Steps to Install Ring App on macOS, iPhone or iPad
Note: ring.com have officially discontinued their desktop apps from Windows and Mac. However, you can easily download and use it on your iPhone or iPad using the following steps:
- Launch the App Store.
- Look up ‘Ring always home’ in the search.
- Tap on the app and then click ‘Get’.
- Once downloaded, you can start using the app.
How to turn off ring doorbell without app?
Following are the 5 methods you can use to turn off the doorbell without the ring app:
- Take out the battery.
- Switch off the Wi-Fi.
- Silence the doorbell to prevent alerts.
- Unmount the doorbell from its holder.
- Deactivate motion detection.
How to remove a device from Ring App?
Following are the 7 methods you can use to remove a device from Ring App:
- Launch the Ring app on your iOS/Apple or Android device.
- Tap the three horizontal lines (≡) positioned at the top left corner of your Dashboard.
- Select ‘Devices’.
- Pick the specific device you want to release from your ownership.
- Access ‘Device Settings’.
- Proceed to ‘General Settings’.
- Choose the option ‘Remove this Device’.
How to Turn Off Ring Camera without app?
Following are the main steps to Turn Off Ring Camera without app:
- Power down the device.
- Apply physical obstacles.
- Disconnect the battery.
Read More: How to Install Windows on Android
With this we have successfully learnt how to download the ring app for Windows, Mac, iPad and iPhone. If you have any questions then let me know in the comments below.