Last Updated on November 12, 2022 by Humera Hallari
When installing a hp printer on Mac OS, it is important to use the best printer driver software available. When users add a printer, macOS usually uses AirPrint or automatically downloads the printer driver.
Quick Steps to Install HP Printer on Mac PC
There are steps by steps to connect your HP Printer to a Mac computer. The steps may vary depending on the type of connection and printer. The quick guide below can help you to install an HP printer.
- Go to Apple Menu >> System Preferences
- Choose the option Print & Fax or Printers & Scanners depending on Mac OS type
- Check the HP printer if it has displayed in the list
- If the printer device is not listed, then click the + symbol and select Add Printer.
- Click Use or Print Using menu and choose the printer device
- When the screen prompts appear, download and install the printer software
- Click Add and the printer will automatically add to the printer list
- Perform the test print after the preferences windows closed.
After installing the hp printer on Mac OS you need to create a print queue on the Mac computer. Apple software update automatically downloads the driver but users can download and update manually from the official or Apple Support site. Go to Apple Menu and choose System preferences. Click on Print & Scan, Print, and Fax, or Print and Scanner options preferred. The option will be different based on the version of OS and type of computer hardware. It is best to install full feature software so the maximum functionality printer can be utilized. Update printer driver also recommended ensuring its work appropriately.
Things to Elaborate while Install HP Printer for Mac PC
Sometimes, there is something that you need to pay attention to when installing an HP printer for mac. First, ensure that you connect the printer to the computer before starting to install. It is important to install an HP printer driver from Apple Software Update. Once the installation process ends, check if the printer name has been listed in the Printer list. If the printer is unable to see in the printer list, click add Printer and Scanner. If the attempt to add HP Printer to mac fails, then check at the connection. Pull out the USB cable and reconnect to Mac. If the printer uses wireless, confirm that both devices connected with the same network when installing the hp printer on a mac.