Sana Modi is a technology expert and content writer at nosware. She has a tremendous knowledge of the latest social sites apart from social media, she also examined the latest games and laptops and has personally reviewed the products. She loves to explore all the social media sites and research them.
Last Updated on February 24, 2023 by Sana Modi
Can you charge a laptop in a car? Many people think you cannot charge the laptop in the car, but this is possible with technological advancement. This is due to the newly emerging modern technologies. You will be surprised that some modern vehicles have wireless charging plates to charge high-capacity cameras, tablets, and smartphones.
This post will discuss how to set up a laptop in the car. We know that every vehicle has a cigarette socket or lighter installed. This cigarette socket or lighter is present near the car stereo area.
We research, test, assess, and suggest the best items. Tech experts examine the articles for accuracy. To get more information about our way of doing things, Learn more about our process here. We may get a commission if you purchase by clicking on a link.
You can charge your laptop by obtaining the appropriate adaptor and connecting with it. Many think charging the laptop through inverters might damage the laptop battery or car battery. From my point of view, this is just a myth. But it is not the case; using the right method and equipment will not harm anything.
How to charge a laptop in the car? Is it possible or not?
You can charge your laptop in a car in different ways. Let’s discuss these methods in detail.
Charging a laptop using an inverter?
We all know very well that the car’s battery supplies DC power and we have to charge the laptop through AC power from electricity. For this purpose, we need an inverter as we cannot charge directly through the car’s battery.
The purpose of the inverter is to convert that DC into AC power so that the laptop’s charging is possible. You can quickly get these inverters from the physical store or order them online. So you can quickly charge a computer in a car following the simple steps.
- First, purchase the car inverter charger to convert the DC power to AC power.
- Then connect an inverter’s power cable to the car’s mobile charging slot.
- Then plug the charging cable of the laptop into the inverter charger.
- Connect the other end of the charger to the laptop charging slot.
Charge the laptop using a USB cable
This is the simple method of plugging a laptop into a car. Here we can charge our laptop in the car with a USB laptop charger. This USB charger has a type C USB port that ensures the vehicle’s accurate voltage supply to the laptop’s battery. Remember that this method is only suitable if your laptop has a type C USB port.
It is necessary to have a type C USB Laptop car charger and a type C cable.
- First, connect the type C USB car laptop charger through the vehicle charging port.
- When you connect the charger to the vehicle port, you can use the type C USB cable for connection with the charger and the laptop. At this point, it should begin charging.
How to charge a laptop using a power bank?
Just like the power bank for the mobile, you can also use the power bank to charge your laptop in the car. But make sure that your power bank is compatible with the laptop. The power bank for charging the laptop needs a higher capacity than the smartphone. So the laptop’s battery needs a minimum of 40 Watts to charge up.
- First of all, a power bank that has at least 40 Watts capacity
- Before going out to travel, make sure that it is fully charged.
- If you want to charge your laptop while traveling, you can plug in the USB cable to the port on your laptop.
- Then you can join the other end of the USB cable to the port of the power bank.
How to charge a laptop using an adaptor?
Just like an inverter charger, an adaptor can also charge your laptop. The good thing about the adaptor is that you do not need any additional cable. First of all, purchase an adaptor and attach the adaptor to the power source in your car.
Then plug in the laptop’s charger to the adaptor’s port and the laptop charging port. Most surprisingly, you can easily charge your laptop with an adaptor and carry it anywhere you want while traveling.
What do we mean by car USB charger?
A USB charger is a small adapter. You can easily plug this charger into the accessory port or cigarette lighter available in all cars. We all know that this accessory port gives 12 volts of output. So connecting this USB charger converts this voltage to the 5 volts required for the laptop.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing Laptop Car Charger
We should consider some factors in mind before getting the laptop car charger. They will help you a lot in making the right decision.
You must check out the current capacity the car USB charger provides. Normally, they give 2.1 or 2.4 amps, depending on the device. So you must check what you need.
It would help if you kept in mind how many devices you like connecting to it at once. So a car USB charger must have multiple sockets. Normally, the USB charger comes up with two outputs, but it is better if it provides four outlets.
It is very important to consider the size of the car’s USB charger. Make sure its size is appropriate and does not obstruct anything while charging.
Many car USB chargers have an inbuilt lead, but it does not seem to be a good idea.
The reason is that the authority must have the connector on end. It also limits other devices that can be charged and may render the charger useless if the laptop is changed.
This is because the new laptop has a different connector. In the end, the lead is just a nuisance that is not in use. So from my point of view, having a USB charger with an inbuilt lead is not a good idea.
Everyone wants fast charging, whether it’s the charging of a laptop or an Android phone. Make sure that the laptop car charger you purchase must give you fast charging. For this purpose, you must check out what your laptop supports, if you want a quick charge capability.
Quality always matters a lot when purchasing a laptop car charger. Please ensure they are high-quality and made up of quality materials and parts. The quality of the device matters a lot as they have to handle the fluctuations in the voltage that occur around the car electronics.
7 Best Car Charger In The US
- BESTEK 300W Power Inverter
- Cobra PRO 1500W Professional Grade Power Inverter
- YSOLX 150W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Converter
- HALO Bolt 58830 mWh Portable Phone Laptop Charger
- FOVAL 150W Power Inverter
- FOVAL 200W Car Power Inverter
- BMK 200W car power inverter
1. BESTEK 300W Power Inverter
Bestek is America’s leading power inverter brand. The Bestek 3001 power inverter is a compact one with 2 USB ports and 2 AC outlets. With the help of USB ports, you can charge your Smartphones or tablet, whereas 2 AC outlets are great for charging Laptops and other devices. It provides 300W power.
The inverter also provides a quick charge. It is a lightweight and travel-size power inverter. The Bestek is a good product if you want a simple, travel-friendly inverter for road trips or outdoor vacations. A cooling fan feature is present in it, which keeps the device cool. With the help of an LED power indicator, you can check the device’s operational status.
- BESTEK Advantage: America’s leading power inverter brand….
- Fast Charging: two 110V AC outlets for charging larger devices…
- Ultra Compact and Lightweight: iPhone-sized design ideal for use…
- Multi-Protection: built-in 40 amps fuse to protect your device….
- Durable metal housing provides advanced protection from drops and…
2. Cobra PRO 1500W Professional Grade Power Inverter
The Cobra Car power inverter is a compact one with many USB ports and AC outlets. With the help of USB ports, you can charge your mobile or tablet, whereas AC outlets are great for charging Christmas gifts, string lights, cameras, laptops, breast pumps, nebulizers, and much more. As you have to charge these kinds of devices, your car inverter charger must not become hot.
For this purpose, a silent cooling fan is present in it, which keeps the device cool all the time. With the help of an LED indicator, you can check the device’s operational status. The intelligent LCD screen, auto shut-off feature, and built-in on-off switch are the most amazing features of this device.
- 1500W CONTINUOUS or 3000W PEAK POWER- With 1500 Watts of Modified…
- PERFECT FOR ENTERTAINMENT – The CPI1500W gives power supply…
- COBRA REMOTE CONTROLLER COMPATIBLE – Monitor and charge devices…
- 4 GFCI PROTECTED AC OUTLETS – Power up to 4 of your devices,…
- PENTAGON PROTECTION SAFETY & 2 YEAR WARRANTY – To keep you safe,…
3. YSOLX 150W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Converter
If you are searching for a very slim and compact car charger, you are at the right place. At first glance, no one can deny its quality because it is made up of high-quality material.
Now, you can safely charge your laptop or mobile phone because it gives you isolation voltage protection and also comes with a rotatable cigarette lighter plug. Along with the beautiful design, it provides you with multi-protection against different things.
The silent cooling fan gives you a breeze charging along with protection from overheating the device. It is a 150-watt power inverter with a beautiful design, ideal for use while camping, on work trips, or on vacations.
- Premium 150w car power inverter with 2 USB ports and AC outlets….
- Travel kit: Just about credit card size – 3.2 x 2.5 x 1.5 inches,…
- Multi-protection: built-in fuse to protect your device, safe…
- Durable metal housing provides advanced protection from drops and…
- What you get: YSOLX 150W car power inverter, user manual, 18…
4. HALO Bolt 58830 mWh Portable Phone Laptop Charger
The HALO Bolt car inverter is a beautiful and compact device to charge your laptop, mobile phone, and other small appliances. The connector type of this car inverter is a car socket, whereas the compatible devices are laptops and all kinds of mobile phones.
The main function of this car inverter is to convert the 12-volt DC to 220 volts AC so that you can charge your laptops and other mobile phones very easily and safely.
The specialty of this car inverter charger is its unique oxygen ions inverter technology, where you can charge the devices safely. You can also charge small things such as hand vacuum cleaners, kitchen appliances, small fans, lights, etc in your car.
- PORTABLE PHONE, TABLET, and USB POWER BANK: Never run out of…
- UNIVERSAL MOBILE LAPTOP and PHONE CHARGER: Keep your Mac, PC,…
- PORTABLE EMERGENCY CAR JUMP STARTER: Battery trouble isn’t an…
- STYLISH AND SAFE: Every portable charger has a fashion forward…
- HALO: Power you need for peace of mind with a full lineup of…
5. FOVAL 150W Power Inverter
Foval is famous for its compact can-shaped design. It is a 200 W car inverter that can convert 12-volt DC to 220 volts of AC. Most surprisingly, with the help of Dual USB ports, you can charge your mobile very easily.
With a cooling fan, this car power inverter will always remain cool. It also prevents the device from overheating. This car power inverter can easily charge a laptop, Bluetooth speakers, camera, technographic, tablet, and more.
Due to the small compact design, it can easily fit into most vehicles’ cup holders, preventing it from rolling and helping you concentrate on driving.
- Premium 150W Car Power Inverter: Offering 150 Watts of…
- Fast Charger: Dual USB ports can charge most phones and tablets…
- Portable roadtrip kit: Just about credit card size – 3.2 x 2.5…
- Mutual Protection: With a built-in fuse to protect your device,…
- Durable metal housing provides advanced protection from drops…
6. FOVAL 200W Car Power Inverter
This Foval power inverter provides you with 4 USB ports, 2 AC outlets, a Power switch, an LED power indicator, Cooling fan. This model is lightweight and small. It’s an excellent traveling kit. It can be used for road trips, camping, Vacations, and more. The silent cooling fan gives you a breeze charging along with protection from overheating the device.
The Foval 200W converts the 12-volt DC to 110 volts AC so you can charge your laptops and devices safely. If you are doing a lot of traveling work like photography, Vlogging, and need an inverter to charge your cameras or batteries. This is the perfect solution for it. It gives you an 18 months warranty.
- 【200W CAR POWER INVERTER】Car power converter featured with 2…
- 【TRAVEL KIT】Just about credit card size – 3. 2 x 2. 5 x 1. 5…
- 【MULTI-PROTECTION & SMART COOLING FAN】 Built-in…
- 【WARM TIPS】Only for DC 12V and car, not applied for DC 24V…
- 【PROFESSIONAL SERVICE】 Choose FOVAL car power inverter…
7. BMK 200W car power inverter
If you are looking for an affordable power inverter for your car, This BMK 200W DC12V to 110V car power inverter might impress you. This car power inverter is compatible with all 200W or below devices. The power inverter is small and lightweight for easy to use and carry on your vacations or trips.
This BMK 200W car power inverter comes with a Digital LCD screen, Power switch, Cooling fan, 4 USB chargers, 2 US sockets, Power indicator, and a Cigarette lighter plug. This indicates when you have too many devices plugged in at once. The green light means OK while the red light means Stop. Make sure that the watt your device used is not over 200W.
- 【POWERFUL CHARGING OUTLET CAR ADAPTER CONVERTER】Car power…
- 【CIGARETTE LIGHTER SPLITTER】Equipped with an extra cigarette…
- 【INTELLIGENT LCD DISPLAY SCREEN & ON/OFF SWITCH FOR AC…
- 【SILENT COOLING FAN & LED INDICATOR】BMK ac outlet car adapter…
- 【QUALIRY ENSURANCE & IN TIME SERVICE】BMK is devoted to…
Our Top Pick
Although all the car chargers for laptops are of high quality, we have to choose our top pick. From my point of view, BESTEK 300W Power Inverter is amazing. It has a very efficient design and gives quick charging for laptops and mobile phones. What I like about this gadget is that it gives you more power outlets. It comes with two USB ports and two AC outlets.
The aluminum body with a smart cooling fan is good for keeping the device cool. It also protects the devices from short circuits. So from my point of view, you should go for BESTEK 300W Power Inverter because it is equipped with all the amazing features which should be present in a potential car inverter.
Frequently Asked Questions?
From the above discussion, we have concluded that we can charge a laptop in our car differently. In this post, we talked about different methods to charge a laptop in the car. We can charge the laptop in the vehicle through inverters, USB cables, power banks, and adapters.
You will be surprised to know that all these methods are relatively inexpensive. But make sure you are using the right things and the right way of charging to avoid any risk.
After discussing all the ways to charge a laptop in the car, I also discussed certain factors to keep in mind before purchasing laptop car chargers. Make sure that your laptop uses a USB C port to charge. Using this port, you can easily set your laptop in a car with a USB-enabled power delivery power Bank.