Last Updated on November 10, 2022 by Humera hallari
To create a QRCode using Visual Basic VB.NET in Visual Studio there are various ways that can be used. One of the easiest is to use references from a library file system. That way making a QRCode will be easy to do. We simply add a file system (DLL file) to our reference project.
For a complete guide on how to create a QRCode using Visual Basic VB.NET in Visual Studio you can follow the following guidelines.
Create a QRCode in VB.NET
1) Open your Visual Studio and create a project with a Windows Form Application template and VB.NET.
2) Download the library file below which contains “MessagingToolkit.QRCode.dll“. Once you download it, you need to extract the file.
3) On the “References” menu on the right, please right-click > Add Reference. Then point to the file “MessagingToolkit.QRCode.dll” that you have downloaded earlier.
3) Add a button, textboxt, and picturebox.
4) Double-click on the button, and enter the code below.
Private Sub Button2_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click Dim QR_code As New MessagingToolkit.QRCode.Codec.QRCodeEncoder Try PictureBox1.Image = QR_code.Encode(TextBox1.Text) PictureBox1.SizeMode = PictureBoxSizeMode.StretchImage Catch ex As Exception MsgBox(ex.Message) Exit Sub End Try End Sub
5) You can run the project, and try to fill text in the textboxt and then click the button.
6) Done, your QRCode project has been successfully done.
That’s the tutorial how to create QRCode easily in VB.NET using Visual Studio. After that you can use this QRCode to make it easier to add information about your product.
You can watch a video of how to create a QRCode on VB.NET through our Youtube channel below.