Read my blogs to get updates about the latest advances in the tech world. From the latest gadgets and tools to tips and tricks for making the most out of your tech. I also review the latest tech releases, offering advice and insights on how to get the most out of your devices.
Last Updated on December 28, 2022 by Humera hallari
The impact of digital technology has been seen in every occupation. Today artists prefer to use modern tools for creating excellent artwork. Digital art is solely computer generated and it is done using graphic software. There is a wide range of graphic software available online. One such powerful design software is Procreate.
So are you looking for a way to take your creative endeavors to the next level? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Procreate brushes are an amazing way to bring your artwork to life and express yourself in unique, creative ways. In this blog post, we’ll explore the world of free Procreate brushes and how to use them to unlock your creative potential. Let’s get started!
Procreate meaning or what is Procreate?
There is a variety of design tools and versatile digital art software available today. But procreate has made a huge impact and it is known as the overall best-selling iPad App in 2018. It is one of the best digital art software for both beginners and advanced artists.
Procreate brushes are digital tools used to create artwork on the iPad Pro. They are often used for creating digital paintings and illustrations, but they can also be used for creating digital designs, logos, and more. With Procreate, you can choose from a variety of brush types, ranging from natural media brushes to airbrushes and chalk. The possibilities are endless!
Procreate is the popular graphic design software used by industry leaders for creating digital artwork. Procreate not only has pro features for creating flawless art pieces but it is pocket friendly too.
- Name – Procreate
- Size – 598.4 MB
- Rating – 4.5 out of 5
- Seller – Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- Category – Graphics and design
- Compatibility – iPad requires iPad OS 14.4 or later
- Languages – English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Price – $9.99 one-time investment
Things to draw on Procreate
Procreate is a leading graphics and design software only for iPad. It is all the tools you need to create sketches, paintings, and animations. The best thing about procreate is you can work in your comfort without standing for hours to create rich and beautiful paintings. It has countless features like innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, lightning a fast Valkyrie graphics engine.
Benefits of Using Procreate Brushes
Using Procreate brushes to create artwork is a great way to explore your creative side. Procreate brushes are easy to use and offer a wide range of customization options, allowing you to create artwork that is truly unique. Additionally, Procreate brushes are more affordable than traditional art supplies, making them a great choice for those on a budget.
Features of Procreate
- High Definition canvases – up to 16k by 8k on compatible iPad Pros
- QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- 3D Painting with Lighting Studio and Animated Export
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- 100+ customizable settings for every brush
- Add Metallic and Roughness for painting in 3D
- Users can also import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
- Full-featured layering system for precise control over details and composition
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Get access to over 25 layer blend modes for industry-grade compositing
- Users can import color profiles for color matching and also Assign Color Dynamics to any brush
- Easily share your creations as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web-ready JPEG, OBJ, USDZ, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
- You can import Import images files such as JPG, PNG, and TIFF
- Continues Autosave
The Best Sources for Free Procreate Brushes
Procreate brushes can be purchased from a variety of online stores, but if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, there are also plenty of sources for free Procreate brushes. Here are some of the best sources for free Procreate brushes:
- Creative Market – Creative Market is a great source for free Procreate brushes. You’ll find a variety of free brushes, from chalk and ink brushes to paint and airbrush brushes.
- BrushLovers – BrushLovers is a website dedicated to free Procreate brushes. Here you’ll find a wide selection of free brushes, from watercolor and charcoal brushes to sketch and texture brushes.
- Gumroad – Gumroad is a great source for free Procreate brushes. Here you’ll find a variety of brushes, from oil and acrylic brushes to markers and ink brushes.
- DeviantArt – DeviantArt is a popular community for digital artists and designers. Here you’ll find a wealth of free Procreate brushes, from calligraphy and graffiti brushes to airbrush and charcoal brushes.
Free Procreate Brushes
Stocking Stuffers – Free Background & Texture Brushes
It has an excellent collection of brushes that can help you create textures for making indoor scenes. You can also use it for adding depth to rocks, buildings, etc. in some outdoor scenes and to add textures to garments and book covers, etc. It has around 20 texture brushes to use.
Paperlike Dynamic Environment Brush Set
Paperlike Dynamic Environment Brush Set by Filip Zywica has 34 unique brushes for creating Exceptionally amazing realistic backgrounds for your characters. It also has brushes to create Moving elements in the background.
Marc Brunet’s Free Starter Brushes
Marc Brunets’ collection of 17 brushes is the best for beginners. if you have just started using procreate then you need a bit of professional training to learn how to use the brushes in procreate. But marc Brunet’s collection of free procreate brushes for outlining, and painting are just phenomenal. in addition it also has brushes to add textures or background patterns in your pattern with the highest accuracy and minimal effort.
Free Premium Brushes with Jingsketch Basic
wanna use Jingsketch premium brushes set for free then your are at right place. this collection of 10 brushes is free to use. it includes general-purpose brushes, a recreation of real brushes, painting brushes, smudging, and sketching brushes.
Abbie’s watercolor brushes
Recreation of watercolor seems to be impossible if you opt for digital painting but not anymore, use Abbie’s collection of watercolor brushes to digitally combine two different colors and create each stoke with a reducing color trial.
Anime brushes set
With these 8 brushes set you can make those beautiful anime characters and backgrounds with ease. It also has brushes to draw hairs and some general-purpose brushes can be used to make skin, costumes, and other components of an anime character
Free Procreate Brush Sets
When it comes to downloading free Procreate brushes, it’s best to opt for brush sets rather than individual brushes. Procreate brush sets are collections of related brushes that are designed to work together to create a cohesive look. Here are some of the best free Procreate brush sets:
- Brushify – Brushify is a free Procreate brush set that includes a variety of brushes, from oil and acrylic brushes to markers and ink brushes.
- Splatter Brushes – Splatter Brushes is a free Procreate brush set that includes a variety of splatter, spray, and drip brushes.
- The Ink Collection – The Ink Collection is a free Procreate brush set that includes a variety of ink and watercolor brushes.
- The Texture Collection – The Texture Collection is a free Procreate brush set that includes a variety of texture brushes, from fabric and paper textures to wood and metal textures.
Tips for Finding and Downloading Free Procreate Brushes
Finding and downloading free Procreate brushes can be a bit of a challenge. Here are some tips for finding and downloading free Procreate brushes:
- Search online – The best way to find free Procreate brushes is to search online. There are numerous websites dedicated to free Procreate brushes, and many of them offer high-quality brushes for free.
- Read reviews – Before you download a free Procreate brush, make sure to read reviews from other users. This will help you get an idea of the quality of the brush, as well as any potential issues you may encounter.
- Download from reputable sources – It’s important to download free Procreate brushes from reputable sources. This will help ensure that the brushes you download are of high quality and won’t cause any issues.
Tips for Using Free Procreate Brushes
Once you’ve found and downloaded some free Procreate brushes, it’s time to start using them! Here are some tips for using free Procreate brushes:
- Experiment – Don’t be afraid to experiment with different brushes and techniques. By experimenting, you’ll discover new ways to use free Procreate brushes and create unique artwork.
- Practice – It takes time to get comfortable with using free Procreate brushes. Spend some time practicing with the brushes to get a feel for how they work.
- Customize – Don’t be afraid to customize your free Procreate brushes. You can adjust the size, opacity, and other settings to create brushes that are unique to your style.
Popular Procreate Brush Sets
There are a variety of popular Procreate brush sets available for free. Here are some of the most popular Procreate brush sets:
- Watercolor Brushes – The Watercolor Brushes Procreate brush set includes a variety of watercolor brushes, from traditional watercolor brushes to digital watercolor brushes.
- Sketch Brushes – The Sketch Brushes Procreate brush set includes a variety of sketching brushes, from pencil and charcoal brushes to ink and marker brushes.
- Paint Brushes – The Paint Brushes Procreate brush set includes a variety of painting brushes, from oil and acrylic brushes to airbrush and spatter brushes.
- Texture Brushes – The Texture Brushes Procreate brush set includes a variety of texture brushes, from fabric and paper textures to wood and metal textures.
Pros and Cons of Free Procreate Brushes
As with any type of tool, there are pros and cons of free Procreate brushes. Here are some of the pros and cons of free Procreate brushes:
Pros * Affordable – Free Procreate brushes are much more affordable than traditional art supplies. * Wide selection – There is a wide selection of free Procreate brushes available. * Easy to use – Free Procreate brushes are easy to use and offer a wide range of customization options.
Cons * Quality – The quality of free Procreate brushes can be hit or miss. * Limited customization – Free Procreate brushes may not offer as much customization as paid brushes. * Compatibility – Not all free Procreate brushes are compatible with all versions of Procreate.
Using free Procreate brushes is a great way to explore your creative side and unlock your creative potential. With a wide selection of free brushes available, you’re sure to find a brush set that suits your needs. Just remember to read reviews, download from reputable sources, and practice with the brushes to get the most out of them. With a little bit of effort, you’ll be creating amazing artwork in no time!
We hope this blog post has helped you learn more about free Procreate brushes and how to use them to unlock your creative potential. If you’re ready to get started, make sure to check out the free Procreate brush sets mentioned above. Good luck and happy creating!
How to use procreate?
Download the Procreate app > open the app > Create a custom canvas by setting the size > Explore the brush library. you can also download and install and add new brushes.
How to blend on procreate?
There is no specific blend button on Procreate, user can use the selection tool to select the area they want to blend or use the alpha lock to confine blending to a certain shape.
How to animate on procreating?
Open the settings menu by clicking on the right-hand side of your Animation Assist toolbar. The menu controls settings for the overall animation.
How to copy and paste on Procreate?
To copy and paste a specific layer in Procreate, swipe left and click on the “duplicate” button on the layer panel. You can also copy and paste a layer by clicking the copy button within the layer’s settings and then selecting paste under the wrench tool menu.
How much does procreate cost?
Procreate is very cheap it can be purchased through the app store for a $9.99 one-time fee.
w to change opacity in procreate
At the top of the screen blue bar named as labeled Slide to adjust is for adjusting the opacity of the layer. Slide left to make your layer more transparent, and slide it right to make the layer more solid.