Last Updated on January 12, 2023 by Humera hallari
A broken keyboard key on your Toshiba laptop can be a huge annoyance, and even more so if you don’t know how to unlock keyboard on toshiba laptop windows 7! Since the little cutouts on keyboards are used in the molding process, it can be difficult to replace the individual keys without damaging them further.
You might just have to start from scratch with a new set of keys from keyboard manufacturers or online stores that specialize in computer hardware parts and accessories. Or, better yet, learn how to unlock the keyboard on a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 and get back to your regular routine in n o time!
Unlock Your Keyboard On Toshiba Laptop Windows 7
1. Check The Num Lock Key On Keyboard
Many users are not aware of the Num Lock key on their keyboard, which is the reason they face this problem. The Num Lock key is present on the top left corner of your keyboard. When you press this key, it turns on or off the numeric pad built into your laptop. Here are a few things you should know about this key:
Whenever your laptop starts or restarts, the numeric lock is turned off by default.
If, by mistake, you press this button once and turn it on, pressing it again will turn it off, and pressing it one more time will turn it back on.
If your numeric lock is turned off, then the keys 1, 2, 3, 4, and so on will work as F1, F2, F3, F4 and so on, respectively.
2. Clean The Keyboard Of Your Toshiba Laptop Windows 7 With A Damp Cloth
There are several ways you can unlock the keyboard of a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7, but one of the most effective is to clean it. Each time you use your keyboard, dust, and dirt accumulate on the surface, resulting in a build-up that can block the sensors. By cleaning your keyboard regularly with a damp cloth, you can prevent this from happening. You should be careful not to use too much water, as this may damage the hardware.
3. Uninstall And Reinstall the Keyboard Driver
If you want to unlock the keyboard on your Toshiba laptop running Windows 7, you need to make sure that the keyboard driver is working properly. To do so, you can reinstall the driver by going to the device manager. Follow these steps for that
- Press Windows + R together on your keyboard and type “devmgmt.msc.” This will take you to the device manager.
- In the device manager, find keyboards under Keyboards and Mouse or Pointing Devices.
- Right-click on your keyboard driver and then select the Uninstall option from the menu that appears on your screen.
- Click OK when prompted to confirm and wait for the uninstalling process to be completed.
- Now you have to restart your computer and let Windows install drivers automatically again for your keyboard. You can also search around on Windows Update or Driver Update websites to look for newer drivers if they are available online.
4. Run Virus Scan And Fix Malware Issues On Your Computer
Before you try any other solutions, please make sure that your computer is free of viruses and malware. The keyboard lock could be due to a virus or malware infection on your computer. If that is the case, you need to run a virus scan on your computer and get rid of any possible malware or viruses on it after the scan.
5. Update Your Keyboard Driver For Toshiba Laptop Windows 7
The keyboard driver on your laptop may be out of date, which can cause the keyboard to not work sometimes. To update the keyboard driver on this Toshiba laptop, you simply need to go to the official website of Toshiba. You can find all the drivers for your laptop there and download them by yourself.
There is another way for you to get the updated driver for your Toshiba laptop quickly and easily, so that you don’t have to spend too much time searching for it. You can use a professional driver updater, such as Driver Talent, to install all the drivers for your Toshiba laptop with just a few clicks of your mouse.
6. Check the keyboard settings in Windows 7
There are some keyboard settings in Windows 7 that may cause the keyboard lock issue. Please check them out as below:
Go to Start > Control Panel > Ease of Access Center. Click on the “Make the keyboard easier to use” link at the bottom left of the Ease of Access Center.
Uncheck all boxes under Make it easier to type in the section and click the OK button to save changes. Restart your computer and check if this resolves the keyboard locking up the problem.
- 10 Best Laptops For Autodesk Inventors
- 9 Best Laptops for Second life (Reviews)
- 9 Best Laptops For Military Use
The Verdict: How To Unlock The Keyboard On A Toshiba Laptop With Windows 7?
We have given this tutorial and these steps in order to unlock the keyboard on a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7. When you are going to implement these steps, you can easily access your problem.
I hope you will find this article helpful. Don’t forget to share this article if you found it informative. 🙂