Installing Mac OS on VirtualBox does have a bit of a challenge. This is because Mac OS is designed on specialized hardware that must be used in hardware such as MacBooks. So to install it on other hardware will certainly require modification and need to match compatibility.
In this article you will be presented with how to install Mac OS in VirtualBox. But before you start, you must first find out what is your hardware is support for Mac OS, because not all hardware especially chipsets can support Mac OS, let alone the most recent version.
Here is a guide on how to install Mac OS High Sierra version on VirtualBox.
1) First download Mac OS ISO via this link. Also don’t forget to download VirtualBox via this link.
2) Once Mac OS &VirtualBox is downloaded, first install VirtualBox.
3) Create a Virtual Machine in VirtualBox under the name “MacOSX“. Type select Mac OS X, Version select Mac OS X (64-bit). Click Next.
4) Give memory allocation e.g. 7 GB. Click Next.
5) Choose “Create a virtual hard disk now” option. Click Create. Choose “VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image“, click Next. Select “Dynamically allocated” click Next. Give the disk space allocation for example 40 GB, click Create.
6) Click the Settings button on the Virtual Machine you created. On the System tab > Motherboard, set base memory to maximum green, and also select chipset to PIIX3. On the System > Processor maximize until the green line.
7) Move to the Display tab > Video Memory. Maximize the value until the row is green.
8) Move to Storage tab, on Empty Disk, select the ISO file from Mac OS that you downloaded earlier. Then click OK.
9) Open a Command Prompt, run it as an administrator and execute the following command. MacOSX in here is your Virtual Machine name.
cd “C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\”
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm “MacOSX” –cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata “MacOSX” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct” “iMac11,3”
VBoxManage setextradata “MacOSX” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion” “1.0”
VBoxManage setextradata “MacOSX” “VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct” “Iloveapple”
VBoxManage setextradata “MacOSX” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey” “ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc”
VBoxManage setextradata “MacOSX” “VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC” 1
10) Then Run your Virtual Machine by clicking the Start menu. Then the windows popup will come out and select the ISO from your Mac OS, select Start.
11) Now you just have to do the installation and follow the guide until you’re done. Once you’re done installing, you’ll have Mac OS in your Virtual Box.
That’s the tutorial how to do a Mac OS installation on VirtualBox, you can also see this guide in the form of the following video.