To install android on Windows is actually quite easy, there are several options including using Android Emulator, and second one is installs it on VirtualBox as we will discuss this time.
Of these two ways each has its advantages. If using Emulator is very easy, just run the Emulator Setup then the installation process will be done automatically, while the advantages if installed in VirtualBox then the running of the Android system will not interfere with the PC (as Host) because Android system is completely separated (as Guest).
If you are interested in installing an Android Emulator using VirtualBox with a Windows Host, then you can follow these guidelines.
Step to Install Android on Windows using VirtualBox
1. Download required applications VirtualBox and Android ISO. This time we will use Android ISO 9 (Pie). You can search for other versions of Android ISO on this site using search facility.
2. After that install VirtualBox, if you are confused you can see how here.
3. Run VirtualBox, choose New menu, and fill in Name with the project name you want, then Machine Folder with where you want to save the install file, for Type select Linux, for Version select Other Linux (64-Bit). Then click Next button, see screenshot below.
4. Please adjust desired memory for the Android System. Here we use 7 GB, you can adjust to the capacity / specs of your PC. Then click Next.
5. Then select Create a virtual hard disk now option, and click Create. Choose VDI > Dynamically allocated. Set how much you want to provide storage capacity for your Android system. At least use 10 GB, We will give 12 GB on the option this time.
6. Click Settings menu, select the Display tab, this setting is very important to make installation run smoothly. In the Graphics Controller option select VBoxSVGA, in Video Memory adjust to your needs, the higher value is better. If Android failed running you can also try to untick Enable 3D Acceleration option.
7. On the System tab set memory capacity and number of processors as needed, the higher value be better. Select KVM on System > Acceleration > Paravirtualization Interface.
8. On the Storage tab, please select location of Android ISO that you have downloaded on the Empty CD. See the following screenshot. Then click Ok.
9. Run the installation by clicking Start on VirtualBox. If a Select start-up disk appears, point to Android ISO, then click start.
10. Then select Advanced Options > Auto_Installation – Auto install to specified hard disk, press ENTER. Will appear Auto Installer select YES. The installation process will run.
11. After installation done EJECT the Android ISO from project, and after successful run Android the results will look like this.
Video How to Run Android on Windows