Last Updated on November 12, 2022 by Humera hallari
When updating WordPress to the latest version there are times when it makes the look of our site destroyed. This can be caused because our server is not compatible, or most often the script of our theme and plugins have not been support and up to date.
If it happens like this then we have several options, the first option we wait for the Server, Script Theme and Script Plugin to be updated to be compatible, or the second option that we will discuss in this article, namely Downgrade the WordPress Version to the previous or lower version.
Here’s a guide to Safely Downgrade WordPress Version
1. You should first backup your WordPress files and database before downgrade. Just in case there are any mistakes we make during the downgrade process.
2. Login to your WordPress Dashboard, go to the Plugins menu > Add New.
3. Type downgrade in keyword search bar. Then install WP Downgrade | Specific Core Version plugin. Click Install Now > Activate. See screenshot below.
4. Then go to the Plugins menu > Installed Plugins, click Settings on the plugin WP Downgrade | Specific Core Version.
5. Fill in the “WordPress Target Version:” according to the WordPress you want. You can see WordPress version by clicking the link next to it. Once filled in, click “Save Changes“, then the “Up-/Downgrade Core” button will appear, click that button.
6. Then WordPress update menu that appears will match the one you set. You can click the “Update Now” button to start a downgrade, and wait for the process to complete.