Last Updated on May 3, 2022 by Jacob Green
USB-C ports can charge laptops, but not fast enough. What if your laptop only has an HDMI and USB port? How to charge a laptop with HDMI? Today we are going to introduce how to charge a laptop with an HDMI cable. How does it work? How can you find the right one? Let’s see the details in this article!
What is HDMI?
HDMI stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface. It is an interface used for transmitting high-resolution audio and video signals between devices. The HDMI interface was developed by a group of consumer electronics companies including Hitachi, Panasonic, Philips, Sony, Silicon Image, Thomson Multimedia, Toshiba, and RCA. HDMI version 1.0 was first released in December 2002.
Since then, it has been updated several times to support more features, including 4K 60Hz resolution video output with HDR (High Dynamic Range) color.
HDMI cables come in different shapes and sizes. They can be used to connect your laptop or desktop computer to a monitor, projector, or even your TV set if you want to watch movies on a big screen instead of watching them on your small computer screen. You can also connect your gaming console to any of these devices using an HDMI cable.
How Does HDMI Work?
HDMI is a digital interface that transmits video and audio data using the same cable. When you plug in an HDMI cord, your computer and TV are instantly connected, making the process simple and streamlined.
However, it’s important to note that the HDMI cable does not transfer power from one device to another. Instead, it transfers a signal from one device to another, so even if you plug your laptop into your TV with HDMI, you still need to charge your laptop separately.
Can You Charge a Laptop with HDMI?
Yes, you can charge a laptop with HDMI. The most common laptop models use a standard 49-pin connector. Connect the HDMI port of your laptop to the HDMI port of your monitor, then connect the VGA port of your laptop to your monitor’s VGA port and charge your laptop.
Charge Your Laptop Using Hdmi
Charging Laptop With Television Via Hdmi
In this Method we will be showing you how to charge your laptop with HDMI.
All you need is your laptop, an HDMI cable, and an HDMI port, which can be found on most modern televisions.
Step 1. Plug the HDMI cable into your laptop and connect the other end to the TV.
Step 2. Find a button on your TV that says “HDMI”. This button is usually located on the side or at the front of the television. Press it until it turns green.
Step 3. Your laptop should now be charged.
It’s pretty easy to charge your laptop with HDMI. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn on the laptop.
- Plug in the HDMI cable that came with your computer.
- Plug the other end of the cable into a power outlet, like a wall socket or a surge protector.
- Wait for it to charge up! If you’re using an external charger, make sure that it’s plugged in as well—otherwise your computer won’t get any juice!
Common Questions: How To Charge A Laptop With HDMI?
Can You Charge A Lenovo Laptop With Hdmi?
Yes, an HDMI cable can be used to charge a Lenovo laptop. It works in the same way as a regular charger. You can either connect it to the laptop using a USB port, or you can use a USB-to-HDMI converter to convert the power from HDMI cables to charge the laptop.
How To Charge A Lenovo Laptop With Hdmi?
If your Lenovo laptop has an HDMI port, you can connect it to your TV or monitor and charge it from the mains. You don’t need to connect a separate power cable.
To charge your laptop with an HDMI connection, follow these steps:
- Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the back of your laptop and then plug the other end into your TV or monitor.
- Turn on both devices and wait for them to boot up properly.
- Connect any other cables you need (for example, if you’re using a mouse or keyboard).
How to Charge a Laptop Without a Charger Port?
If you don’t have a charging port on your laptop, you can still charge it using HDMI. The first thing to do is make sure that your laptop supports charging over HDMI. If it does, then you just need to follow these steps:
- Connect a charger cable with a USB-C plug to the laptop’s USB-C port.
- Connect the other end of the cable to an HDMI adapter with a USB-A port.
- Connect one end of another charger cable into the HDMI adapter and the other end into a power outlet or surge protector with an available USB-A port.
Can You Charge An HP Laptop With An HDMI Cable?
The HDMI cable is just a digital way of connecting two digitally compatible devices. It can output both digital and analog signals to a monitor or television. It would be capable of charging your laptop as an alternative to a regular charger, but it would be slower than a standard charger. If all you need is a way to charge your laptop while it’s in use, then you shouldn’t have much of a problem.
Can You Charge A Laptop With An HDMI Cord?
The answer is that you can charge a laptop with an HDMI cord, but not directly. You need a special adapter for that. I’ll tell you how it works. The HDMI connection is analog, so that kind of cord can’t make the voltage conversion for charging.
Before the voltage gets onto the laptop, it has to be converted, so you need to get an adapter with a USB port on one side and an HDMI plug on the other. Any USB charging device, like a phone charger, will work just fine.
How to Charge a Laptop With Thunderbolt To Hdmi?
Charging A Laptop With Thunderbolt To Hdmi:
Step 1: Connect your laptop to the HDMI cable.
Step 2: Plug in the Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter into your computer.
Step 3: Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to your TV or monitor.
Step 4: Turn on your TV or monitor, then press “Start” on the screen.
Can I Charge My Laptop With Usb C To Hdmi Cable?
Yes. You can charge the laptop by connecting the USB C cable to the port. So, you don’t need any extra cables or adapters.
How to Charge a Dell Laptop with Hdmi?
We know that one of the most frustrating things about using your laptop is when the battery dies and you can’t find a power outlet to plug it into. But, did you know that there’s an easy way to charge your Dell laptop with an HDMI cable? Yep, it’s true—as long as you have a few other pieces of equipment.
To charge your Dell laptop with an HDMI cable:
- Make sure your laptop is fully turned off and unplugged from any power source.
- Connect the HDMI cable to your Dell laptop’s charging port (which may be on the side or the back of your computer).
- Plug in whatever device you are using as a power source–most likely another laptop or a computer–and turn it on.
- Connect a second HDMI cable from that device to your TV, monitor, or projector—you’ll need something else to display what you’re doing on your screen.
- Turn on your Dell laptop and hold down its “power” button for 10 seconds. If everything has been done correctly, at this point, you should see information about your battery life appear on the second display.
- 11 Best Laptops for Court Reporters in 2022
- How Much Does The Average Laptop Weigh? Deeply Explanation
- 10 Best Laptops For Counselors [in 2022]
The Verdict: How To Charge A Laptop With HDMI?
So, the conclusion of this process is that it is possible to charge your laptop by connecting it with an HDMI cable to a television. This will cost you some money because you will have to buy an HDMI cable, or try to find one from someone who has one spare. The quality of this connection depends on the power of your cable, and so the quality of connection depends on how close you connect a laptop to a television.